Integrative Counseling Services, PLLC.
DIR/Floor Time: A Developmental / Relational Play Therapy Model for Autism Spectrum Disorder and Sensory Processing Disorder
Wednesday, October 10, 2018, 8:30 AM to 4 PM
Thursday, October 11, 2018 8:30 AM to 4PM
A workshop presentation by Dr. Esther Hess, developmental psychologist and executive director of the Center for the Developing Mind, Los Angeles, CA.
- The theory of brain plasticity and how this new concept of brain development gives hope for persons impacted by autism spectrum disorder.
- The history of therapeutic interventions for autism spectrum disorder.
- Attendees will learn the adaptations to DIR/Floor Time Model for play therapy treatment strategies used to support specific sensory and processing challenges in children and adults.
- Those in attendance will be able to define how the DIR/Floor Time model facilitates emotional regulation and expression in play therapy.
- Those attending this conference will be able to specify the various play therapy strategies that collectively informs the DIR/Floor Time model as it facilitates socialization and social skills.
- The developmental/relational approach known as DIR/Floor Time and understand what it means to 'follow a child's lead'.
12CEUs for Social Workers & Mental Health Counselors!
APT Approved Provider 06-168
Registration Fees (Including CEUs)
Professional $150.00 for 1 day
$250.00 for both days
Graduate Student $75.00 for 1 day
$150.00 for 2 days